Gluten-free Scotch Egg Recipe
This recipe makes 4 servings.
321 kcal | 28g P | 2g C | 15g F
- 7 large eggs
- 450g sausage meat
- 25g parmesan cheese
- 25g coconut flour
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- Place the eggs in a saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil for 4 minutes. Turn off heat and let them sit in the hot water for five minutes. Remove from the pan and place in ice water for 5 minutes.
- While they are cooling, mix your coconut flour, parmesan, salt and pepper and garlic powder together.
- Peel the eggs under cold running water and set on a plate lined with paper towels, blot them until completely dry.
- (as you start making the meatballs, you can heat the oil in a pan- just keep an eye out if it takes you a while that the pan doesn’t smoke!) OK, this is the hard part: take a 7th of the meat, flatten until you can fit the egg in the middle and get the meat to wrap around the whole thing. This can take a few goes, but you should end up with a meatball like product. Tip: make sure the meat meets around all the edges, it will help to seal properly.
- Once they are all wrapped, dip them first in the beaten egg, then the coconut flour/parmesan coating and place them in your hot oil (use something to place them in, spoon etc. to avoid oil splashing!)
- Cook through (doesn’t take too long!) two mins on all sides, giving you a golden brown colour all over.
If you like our gluten free scotch egg recipe and would like more nutritional advice, to find out about our personal training options, group training and classes, why not drop us an email, telling us what you’re looking for, and we will get back to you!
Absolute Training and Nutrition is an exclusive training facility in Barnstaple. We offer dedicated Personal Training in the form of 1 to 1 Personal Training, Small Group Personal Training and Group Training Sessions, as well as Online Personal Training and 30 Day Challenges.
Contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any of your training challenges or give us a call on 01271 370600 for an informal chat.