Recipe yields 4 servings
Amount per serving
Total Fat 2 g
Total Carb 25 g
Protein 21 g
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- ½ c. sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 c. egg whites or egg substitute
- ½ fat free cottage cheese
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ c. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 (6 in.) whole pita breads, cut in half
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, onion and red pepper and sauté for 4-5 min.
- Add egg whites or substitute, cottage cheese and pepper in a small bowl and stir well.
- Add egg mixture to pan mixture and cook over medium heat until firm, add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Cut pitas in half and heat in the microwave for a few seconds or until soft. Spoon mixture evenly into pitas and serve.