- 600g chicken breasts, sliced in half**
- 2.5 tsp. peanut butter
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 2.5 tsp. soy sauce
- 2.5 garlic cloves
- 10 stalks of fresh coriander
- 1.5 red chilli pepper, deseeded
- 100ml water
- A good pinch of black pepper
- 200g rice
- 9 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Pinch of Salt
- For the sauce: add the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, coriander, chili pepper, water and black pepper to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour half of sauce over the chicken breasts and place into the fridge to marinade for at least one hour. Save the remaining half of the mixture for later.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a sauce pan and fry spring onions and ginger for a few of minutes. Add rice and cook for a further minute so all of the grains are coated in the oil. Add the water to the pan, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes (or until rice is cooked)
- While the rice is cooking, grill or gently pan fry the chicken breasts (also delicious BBQ’d) throw away the sauce that the chicken was marinating in.
- Just before the chicken and rice is ready, put the second half of the satay sauce that you set aside earlier, into the microwave for a minute. Serve together.