We understand that your life is busy, we understand that sometimes it’s not always possible to make training when the kids are unwell or it is the school holidays. We respect the fact that you are making positive choices when it comes to your nutrition, to stay on track as much as you can.
As personal trainers, we want our clients to find a happy medium when it comes to their training and goals. We won’t ever berate you for missing training, we get it, sometimes life just gets in the way. We are here to encourage and support you every step of the way.
Here are a few pieces of advice we share with all of our clients but especially those who have small humans to factor into their schedules.
- Schedule your workouts and training sessions as if they are a business meeting. This way you can plan ahead and make arrangements for childcare. If it doesn’t go to plan, take the kids to the park for a runaround OR do one of Coach Aysha workouts FYI we record a live workout every Friday morning at 10:30am on Facebook.
- Have you heard the saying Fail to plan, plan to fail? Well, Planning and prepping your meals will save you stress, panic and possible failure especially when you know you are going to be busy, how many of you end up picking at the kid’s food at soft play? finishing off the kid’s dinner and then not eating a proper meal? Always make sure you have healthy and nutritious meals and snacks prepared to avoid pigging out on rubbish. Our Guide to meal prepping could give you some pointers.
- DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS, in reality, or on social media. That mother of 3 on Instagram, who appears to be successfully juggling a hectic life with a beaming smile, rock-hard abs and looking immaculate. All is not always what it seems. Do not be fooled by the perfection you see in that square.
- We always urge our clients to remind themselves why they started? If you are having a bad day, if you are questioning your results then revisit pictures to remind yourself how far you have come and how much you have achieved on your journey, so far. Do it, you will be grateful you did.
- At the end of a busy day (we know most days are for you) try to find the time to relax, run a bath, read a few pages of a book, scroll through social media, whatever your preference, find time to wind down. Resting and getting a decent nights sleep is just as important as training and nutrition.
- Give yourself a pat on the back. The job you do is hard. The fact that you are exercising regularly and making a conscious effort to look after yourself is something to be really proud of! We are proud of you!
So our final words; keep up the great work, treat your health as a priority, if life gets in the way because of the kids and/or the husband is working away, or your childcare falls through. Don’t stress. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. You are doing an amazing job. Tomorrow is a brand new day!
Share this with a Mama who is doing a fabulous job and needs a little reminder of how well she is doing. Go on, share the love.
Absolute Training and Nutrition is an exclusive training facility in Barnstaple. We offer Personal Training, Semi-Private and Group Training Sessions as well as a brand new Deli opening very soon in our Studio on Pottington Estate.
Check out our other premises – Absolute Spin – Home of indoor cycling in central Barnstaple.
Contact us email@example.com or give us a call on 01271 370600.